Saturday 31 July 2010

Separating from the Heard 17 July 2010



Dara, Andrew and I decided to travel to Edinburgh separately from the rest of our group so we left on Saturday to take the train to Crewe. Andrew's parents live nearby in the town of Market Drayton and were generous enough to host Dara and I for a night before the three of us drove up to Edinburgh on 18 July.

Suffice it to say that Mr. and Mrs. Fair live in some of the most beautiful country in the UK. Their farm is situated in Market Drayton and were the very soul of the gracious host and hostess. I am very grateful for their hospitality. I will include here some photos of the gardens surrounding the Fair's home. I also want to thank Andrew for driving us to Edinburgh and for all of his helpful coaching tips on driving in the UK. Dara and I will need them later when we take off for mini-break. Andrew and I teased Dara unmercifully in the car - at least she knows we like her, if we didn't like her we'd ignore her.

Our arrival in Edinburgh came as the skies began to open up. We dropped Andrew's bags off at Brothaigh House, a wonderful bed and breakfast where we would spend two of the three nights we were to remain in Edinburgh. Dara and I opted to spend one night with our group at Dalkeith Palace prior to departing for mini break.

No comments:

Post a Comment