Sunday 4 July 2010

LondonAlive! part 2 4 July 2010


Today was the second LondonAlive! tour. I selected the tour led by Dr. Mays. It was a fabulous even though I think we walked the entire length and breadth of London. I learned about the Bloomsbury Group - I had not heard of this group prior to the tour although I was familiar with the works of its members. We had a great group and I saw a lot of London that I have been passed, but not from that direction. I can't wait to go back to through Covent Garden to the Astrology shop and the other little shops. Also, I plan to spend a great deal more time at the British Museum. Our tour lasted a little longer than planned and so only had about half an hour to poke through, but it was not disappointing in the least. There were four of us that stuck out the tour all the way to the end and I would like to thank Dr. Mays for his excellent and informative tour.

After returning to Lambeth, I had a delightful dinner at the Wellington. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere was relaxing with overstuffed chairs and appropriate lighting. The staff was efficient and friendly. I recommend the Wellington for meals or drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment